We offer free, independent, confidential advice and support with making complaints about NHS services.

    Resolving a concern informally

    If you have an ongoing experience which is causing concern and you want this to be put right, it is usually best to contact the healthcare provider directly first.

    Making a complaint

    If you cannot resolve your problem informally, or if the issue that you are concerned about has happened in the past but you feel that it was unacceptable, you can make a formal complaint to the service provider.

    You can make use of the attached guides to help you prepare a complaint yourself, we can give you information to help you make the complaint yourself, or, where you need us to, we can write letters for you or attend meetings with you.

    Useful Tips on Writing an NHS Complaints Letter

    Your Guide to the NHS Complaints Process

    Template Letter for Making an NHS Complaint

    A Guide to our IHCA Service

    Making a complaint to the Health Service Ombudsman

    If you are dissatisfied with the response provided by the NHS you can take your complaint to the Health Service Ombudsman. Our IHCA service can support you to do this. We have a strong record in getting cases considered by the Ombudsman.

    Contact our IHCA services

    Telephone us on 07506 690505 Monday to Thursday or contact us via email. If we are unable to answer your call, please leave us a message on our answer machine and we will respond within 2 working days.