What help can we offer you?

Advice and representation for people who require care, support, services and/or accommodation from Social Services, the NHS or central government.

Public authorities have duties and powers to help people including those who have needs arising from illness, disability or learning difficulty, being carers, children in need, children in care, care leavers and for vulnerable families who have no recourse to public funds.

We provide advice in a wide range of Community Care Law matters including:

  • Care Act assessments and support plans
  • Carers’ assessments and support
  • Services for disabled children and their parents
  • Obtaining facilities and adaptations
  • Cuts to support packages
  • Closure of day centres, respite units and other services
  • Direct payments
  • Charging for care and requests for third party top-ups
  • Continuing healthcare
  • Hospital discharge
  • Mental capacity
  • Children in need assessments and support
  • Support for looked after children
  • Assessments and pathway plans of care leavers
  • Age disputes
  • Accommodation and maintenance of families with no recourse to public funds.

We bring Judicial Review proceedings to challenge the actions and decisions of public authorities, where duties and powers are not exercised correctly. We assist clients to pursue complaints against social care and health bodies.

What is the Ripple Project

Through our RIPPLE Project, we are providing free public legal education about Health & Social Care Law issues to organisations who work with or support disabled and vulnerable people in the community and carers. We want to help frontline staff understand the substantial changes to the Care Act brought about by the recent emergency legislation (The Coronavirus Act 2020). 
We are producing free webinars, training materials and information leaflets about the changes, aimed at advocates and support workers.

How can you access this service?

You can be referred to us by an organisation that is already supporting you. Or visit our offices, call 02476223053, or complete this online form.

Are you working with care leaving mothers and their children?

Download our free resources and find out more about our Mother and Child Project

Support for Looked After Children and Care Leavers who are Pregnant or are Young Parents - Directory of West Midlands  Services

Top 10 tips for advocates - Pre-birth assessments
Top 10 tips for advocates - Pathways planning