Welfare Benefits – appeals representation and advice

What help can we offer you?

If you have been told you are not entitled to welfare benefits; have made an appeal against that decision or your benefits have been stopped or reduced because your benefit has been sanctioned, we can help:

  1. I need representation at First-Tier and Upper Tribunal appeals in Coventry

We can offer independent legal representation and support at First-Tier Social Security hearings and appeals at the Upper Tribunal for Coventry citizens living in CV1 to CV6 regardless of income; as well as representation at appeals at the Upper Tribunal for those on low incomes living outside this area. Here are the areas we can help with:

  • PIP (Personal Independence Payment)
  • ESA (Employment Support Allowance)
  • DLA (Disability Living Allowance)
  • JSA (Job Seekers Allowance)
  • Attendance Allowance
  • Pension Credit
  • Universal Credit
  • Income Support
  • Tax Credits
  • Housing Benefit

You may be struggling to show that you are entitled, have been overpaid in the past or cannot prove that you have a right to reside in the UK. We will listen to you and, where you have a case, represent you at a tribunal which involves presentation of the facts and arguments relating to the law.

If you are unhappy with the outcome of a First-Tier Tribunal there is a further right of appeal to the Upper Tribunal if there has been an error in the law when making a decision.  We provide free representation to the Upper Tribunal for Coventry citizens and also to those living outside of Coventry if income and savings are below a certain threshold.

  1. What if I have been sanctioned?

If you have been sanctioned it is important to challenge the sanction decision. There is no time limit to challenging sanction decisions so you can still challenge old decisions. Contact the Law Centre for free, independent legal advice and help.

How can I access appeals representation and/or Upper Tribunal advice and representation?

First-tier appeals representation: 

We accept referrals from Advice Service Coventry partners if they have helped you to make your appeal to the first tier. If you are doing it yourself, visit our offices, email or call 02476223053. You can also complete this online form.

Upper Tribunal advice and representation: 

E-mail or telephone 03003653030